What can you do over the summer to keep from getting mush brains?
- Start by visiting the Frisco Public Library. Check out the Mayor’s Summer Reading Challenge! Watch the Video. The Frisco Public Library has lots of programs to keep you busy all summer: Summer Schedule.
- You can also browse the books available on Frisco ISD’s OverDrive (use your username #)
- Visit TumbleBooks (username – friscoisd, password – books)
- Participate in Barnes and Noble’s Reading Challenge and get a FREE book after reading over the summer. Pick up a reading log from the store or download it here. BN Summer Reading
- Scholastic also has a summer reading program that you can join. Visit Scholastic Summer Reading. Unlock eBooks and enter for a chance to win Klutz books.
- If you’re wanting to explore new ideas and topics, browse the MackinVia Database and read some of the eBook available there, too. The Nation Geographic database has all the National Geographic Kids magazine for you to read online! Your child will login using their user number (Lunch number) and password (birthday).
- For a details on how to use OverDrive visit the eBooks page for Take Me to the Library.
- If you’re looking for summer reading and activities, Education World has some great activities and reading lists for each grade. You will also find some great summer reads on the lists below.
So, it doesn’t matter if you are opening a book from the library, bookstore, or reading an eBook on your favorite device – Just Read! Don’t let your brain turn to mush over the summer!!